How can we encourage European to take a closer interest in their seas and to treat them with greater respect?
- What knowledge do they need?
- Who needs to know what ?
- How we should communicate it?
- Which conditions for translating “better knowledge” into acts?
- Involved in developing communication tools about the marine environment or the sustainable development of maritime sectors
- Developing strategies for raising awareness for specific target groups on the human-sea interactions;
- Scientist involved in education initiatives on the sea with educators and civil society organisations, children and youths;
- Manager, planner, economic actor or concerned citizen interested in “making things better”
- The webinars will take place every second Thursday of the month (except July and August).
- Duration of each webinar is 1 hours
- Webinar 1
- June 14, 2018
- How do we change behaviour: can better information help… or not?
- Webinar 2
- September 13, 2018
- Children and the oceans: opportunities and challenges for ocean education
- Webinar 3
- October 11, 2018
- Linking the oceans to our consumption habits: opportunities and challenges of consumers literacy
- Webinar 4
- November 8, 2018
- Connecting business to our oceans: opportunities and challenges of ocean literacy for economic actors
- Webinar 5
- December 6, 2018
- Ensuring sustainable Blue Growth: opportunities and challenges of ocean literacy for policy makers
- Webinar 6
- January 17, 2019
- Think, Hope, Change: assessing effectiveness of ocean literacy tools
- Webinar 7
- February, 2019
- Supporting the strengthening of a wider European Ocean Literacy initiative
By generating greater public debate and knowledge, ResponSEAble project, intends to support all sectors of European society to develop a more informed and responsible attitude and help secure healthier and more sustainable seas.
We are inviting you to our series of interactive webinars to discuss how to collectively build effective ocean literacy in Europe!
Why you should attend?
The webinars aimed at sharing views , challenges and best practices on ocean literacy in all its dimensions, widening the European community of ocean literacy practitioners.
If you are
You will have views and questions to share in our webinars in connection with others working on the same challenges. Together, we might discover practical solutions on how to build more effective Ocean Literacy in Europe (and across the Atlantic).
When it will take place?
How you can participate?
Please register at the link below for the webinar you would like to attend. The information about the webinar will be sent to you.